I got a text the other day that made my day.
This was sent by my good friend Whitney Garrison. We went to UNC Chapel Hill together & ended up in several journalism classes together. We partnered up on many projects, and she’s such a good writer! Anyway… this was such an amazing text to receive. I always encouraged Whitney to take time to herself and truly pamper herself when she was feeling stressed out. (Whitney is the type to put off papers – and we had a lot of them. But somehow she would always write these amazing final pieces even if she was up until 5am).
If you know me, you know I’m a huge fan of facials & homemade facials. I also love doing deep conditioners, & doing manis & pedis at home. These are only a few ways to take time out of your busy week and focus on yourself. I can’t stress enough how just a few hours each week can make everything seem so much less stressful.
Some rituals I
- I love to soak my feet, scrub them down & paint my toes
- A glass of wine (Zolo is my new favorite – a type of Malbec)
- Mini facials at home
- Manicures (I’ll be doing a post on new colors I LOVE)
- A good movie (The Notebook anyone?)
- Rich moisturizing face cream
- Fresh sheets to accompany your super clean, moisturized face